What is the Best Canned Cat Food For Constipation?Constipation is something most of us have experienced at some point. You can imagine the discomfort you went through! Cats are no different, your feline friend might at some point constipate if you don’t feed it with the right food. When it happens, you must be aware of how to treat and how to prevent the same from happening again. There are foods you should avoid feeding your cat with to prevent constipation.
Signs that your cat is constipated
It is easy to find out if your indoor kitty is constipated or not. However it is a little complicated for cats who use outdoor bathrooms. But the following are hints that tell if a cat is constipated.
- Lack of fecal matter in the litter box, you should be checking your kitty’s litter box daily and if you notice no sign of activity there, you should begin to worry!
- They form a hard lump in their belly when constipated.
- If your cat vomits after visiting the litter box, it is a good sign for constipation, take action for treatment without further delay.
- Your cat will lose appetite and combined with either of the above if constipated.
When your cat becomes constipated so often, it may be a sign of a serious issue coming behind the scenes, seek help from the vet as soon as you can. And begin to think along the line of changing your pet’s food.
Best Canned Cat Food For Constipation
Do you think your cat is plugged up? If so, you may want to look for food rich in fiber or fiber supplement to help it pull things through, otherwise leaving them to go through a rough purge without remedies is detrimental
Worst case scenario I hope it never happens is, you might lose your beloved feline friend if the condition prolongs. It can be a daunting task finding the right cat food for constipation but high fiber cat food and supplements can help. They ensure the bowels of your pet move smoothly along.
Most dry foods for cats provide around 3% fiber while wet food sits around 0.3%, so, when looking for the best cat food for constipation, get something higher than the figures stated. They will get the bowels of your cat flowing. Some people will try to sell you food with probiotics or prebiotics which is good for the general health of your cat, but won’t help if constipation is the core issue.
What you need to focus on are foods with high fiber content, whether you choose dry food or wet food. If you have fed with dry food and constipation persists, you may want to consider changing to wet cat food. The high moisture content in wet food might help out in most cases. And it is even much easier to switch from dry food to wet food than wet to dry foods.
Here are the 5 Best Canned Cat Food For Constipation.
1. Hill’s Science Diet Wet Cat Food, Adult, Hairball Control, Cans, 24-pack
2. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Rocky Mountain Recipe High Protein Grain Free
3. Weruva Cats In The Kitchen, Funk In The Trunk With Chicken In Pumpkin Consomme Cat Food,
4. Royal Canin Feline Care Nutrition Digest Sensitive Thin Slices In Gravy Canned Cat Food
5. Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Wet Cat Food Variety Pack, Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Collection
Does grain-free cat food cause constipation?
Not really, especially when blended with high fiber cat food and moisture content is observed. Cats are just like humans; constipation is reduced if the moisture content is supplied which helps make food digestible. Grain-free wet cat canned food provides a better option for your cat’s food for constipation with a fresh raw diet and plenty of ingredients that will go a long way to improve the overall health of your cat. And if your cat is picky on matters food, make sure you feed them with tasty and nutritious food. Also, your furry friend is an obligate carnivore and that is something you should keep in mind when shopping for your pet’s food.
High fiber wet food for constipation should form a significant part of your pet’s food, especially if you have all along been feeding your pet with wet food. And if your pet uses dry cat food, ensure a sufficient amount of freshwater supply always. Fiber is essential in your feline diet for a good reason. One of the reasons being constipation. If your cut visits litter box more often, she might be facing serious constipation problems. Another hint to watch out for in your pet is if she seems to be straining or she is making painful yowls, your kitty may be constipated. Fiber-rich food supply provides a short-term solution for constipation, also supply plenty of freshwaters.
Importance of Fiber
When is it fine to feed your kitty with high fiber cat foods? Fiber, carbohydrates that cannot be properly digested are important in the diet of your pet. To compare, as important as proteins. Extra fiber in your cat’s diet increases bulkiness and water in the intestines. This controls the amount of time it takes the food to travel through the system.
As it controls the amount of time it takes food to travel inside the digestive tract system, it keeps bacteria flushed off cleaning down intestines. Cat’s food with insufficient fiber ushers infrequent constipation plus other health concerns. Fiber makes your pet feel satiated after eating and helps regulate the amount of sugar entering into their bloodstream.
The best high fiber cat food for constipation and other health benefits works the same way as it does for humans. But the difference comes in from when will a cat needs some extra fiber in their diet. The fiber then makes cats remain at their optimum health while meat makes them thrive health-wise. Wild cats, for example, depend on prey for their regular meals. These cats will eat the bones, fur, cartilage and other indigestible parts of the prey. When these indigestible items travel through the digestive system they help scrape things out as fiber would.
What to look for in high fiber cat food?
Ferment ability rate is what to look out for in high fiber cat’s food. This is the measure of how the fiber is eaten takes to be broken down by intestinal bacteria. It also depends on how quickly it guides through the digestive track system. Therefore, it is highly recommended to feed your cat with high fiber food. Especially if they have gastrointestinal issues and other health issues.
Hope you found the Best Canned Cat Food For Constipation above!
Best Seller list (Vertical)
- CAREFULLY FORMULATED: for Gut health, digestive health and sensitive stomachs. These are key to natural immunity. Grain-Free Formula.
- SKIN & COAT: Wild Caught deboned Alaskan Salmon and Salmon oil rich in Omega 3 fatty acids for healthy skin and coat.
- TASTY & SAVORY: Extremely palatable for even the most picky cats.
- ALL BREEDS & LIFE STAGES: Every kibble is designed to contain all the essential nutrients required for cats of every size, breed and age to live and be healthy.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED: Based on 40 years of research by Dr. George C. Fahey, the leading expert in gut health.
- Hill's Prescription Diet Gastrointestinal Biome Digestive/Fiber Care with Chicken Dry Cat food is specially formulated by Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians to support your cat’s digestive health.
- Clinically shown to promote regular healthy stool in as little as 24 hours and help reduce risk of recurrence.
- Made with proprietary ActivBiome+ ingredient technology shown to rapidly activate beneficial gut bacteria and support a healthy GI microbiome balance.
- Unique blend of prebiotic fibers to promote regular bowel movements and help balance digestive function.
- High levels of omega-3 fatty acids (DHA & EPA)
- Featuring Cage-Free Boneless Chicken In Pumpkin Consomme With Fish Oil For A Healthy Skin & Coat
- Featuring Sustainably Sourced Ingredients Like Cage-Free Boneless, Skinless White Breast Meat Chicken, Lamb, Or Salmon In A Delicious “Au Jus” All Produced In Human Food Facilities Under The Strictest B.R.C. Global Standards For Foods
- A Complete And Balanced Diet For Adult Maintenance With Added Vitamins, Minerals, And Antioxidants Designed To Support The Health Of Your Cat With Optimal Hydration
- Minimally Processed And Free Of Grain, Gluten, Gmos, Msgs, Carrageenan And Any Other Bad Stuff. That Means No Corn, Soy, Wheat, Or Artificial Colors Or Preservatives!
- Weruva Is A Family Owned Company, Wholly Owned And Operated By Pet Parents David And Stacie Forman
- 2.1 Oz. Pouch
- Developed By A Veterinarian, High Fiber Helps Control Hairballs
- Helps To Lower Urine Ph Levels And Control Magnesium For Cats With Feline Uti
- Low Sodium For Cats With Kidney Issues, Low Calorie Make Them A Smart Treat For Overweight Cats
- Crunchy Texture Scrapes Tartar And Plaque As A Dental Treat
- DOG & CAT DIARRHEA TREATMENT: Our powdered pumpkin for dogs and cats is rich in soluble fiber and perfect for pets who struggle with firm or loose stools. This pumpkin enzyme powder is a safe treatment for cats and dogs with constipation and an effective, natural relief for gas discomfort or diarrhea in dogs and cats.
- NO MORE WASTED ORGANIC CANNED PUMPKIN PUREE: Buying organic pumpkin canned to treat pet stool irregularities is expensive and most of it ends up in the trash! Give your pets organic pumpkin powder for dogs instead and say goodbye to wasting unused canned organic pumpkin for dogs! Make cat pumpkin puree fresh every time with our 100% pure pumpkin powder, and stop tossing half-full organic pumpkin puree cans!
- PUMPKIN DOG FOOD TOPPER: Pets LOVE the taste of pumpkin! Sprinkle pumpkin fiber powder for dogs and cats on your pet's food to support healthy digestion daily and add flavor. Or, mix dry pumpkin powder with water to create creamy, unsweetened pumpkin puree organic and delicious!
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA: Raw Paws cat and dog pumpkin powder supplement is single ingredient and certified organic. Produced without preservatives or additives, this pumpkin dog food mixer is the cat and dog diarrhea remedy you and your pets need!
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We stand behind our brand and value our customers’ satisfaction on every single order. If you're not completely satisfied swapping out expensive pure canned pumpkin organic puree with our convenient, easy-to-use, organic and pure pumpkin powder, we will provide a Full Refund - Guaranteed - no questions asked.